BARBIEtm ....
Yes, us lads all love all the glits and glamour of the concept of barbiehouses/ dollhouses. And yes I fall victim to my fascination to the famous barbie but im afraid for a different reason then the mainstream. Barbie in many ways symbolizes feminity. She has taken her token trademark to a created a standard for women and girls. While i dont completely agree with the stigma of skinny, minnies running about, i do believe in the idea of role model. Barbie has done so for the past decades and will prevail to do so for the decades to come. I wish to be the role model and aspire young token females to continue to strive for excellence, prosperity, and power. yes power! In someone's eyes i am barbie! I can recollect many strong dominant females that I have considered ideal role models, I am determined to past to the torch. It is not every often growing up in an environment such as Harlem, that you'll find level headed, humble , beautiful female figures.. I'd like to break the cycle. One step at a time... Let's spark someone's light. I'll be someone torched flame. I'll be barbie for the day ;-)
Ciao Bellas!

xo.


0 comments:
Post a Comment