As the old Greeks once chanted : "CARPE DIEM". This bright morning I decided to seize the day. I am taking the leap: starting a blog! I'll introduce myself as the voice of the many first generation lads that are determined to make a difference. By first generation, I mean first to actually start a legacy in the U.S. My parents are West African natives, moving to the United States in the ripe years of 1985. Till this day my parents are still getting accustomed to the so called weird nation of supposed opportunity. I, on the other hand, am the AMERICAN of the family. I am the middle child: one older sis(Astou, 24) and younger sis (Mariama, 14) .Born and raised in the fruitful streets of Harlem, New York, i have grown to be a quite versatile, FLORID young barbie. I have always managed to stand out amongst my many crowds; not sure if it's the abstractly dark shade of skin i'm in or the unique since of character that never seize to be pin pointed amongst my crowds. Either way, I have learned to comfortably live within my two polar worlds of West Africa (Dakar, Senegal to be more specific) and Mega city New York! Life has been a spectular journey from my young ages to my tender experiemental stage of college. I have formed a mindset that has allowed me to prosper in sticky climates, and perservance that im sure will take me closest to where i want to be in my years to come. From now I'll attempt to take you by the hand and show you a life in wonderland that I consider quite different from many of many other barbies. ;-). I'll warn you, I'm quite fashion forward... So my little bubble world I have created will be adorned in couture, from runway to campus styles, to recent release and all of the above. I am always all for the empowering of young women, so guys please don't be offended (apron and weights being set down;-D ). So sit back enjoy with a bowl candy and colorful cupcakes (cupcakes are my favorite) as i start the music... the melody begins! xo signed barbiiedee
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment